- Filters contaminents from your tap water
- Removes chlorine, adds beneficial minerals
Last approx 2 months, compostable after use
- Used pieces can be placed around the home to absorb smell & dampness
Bamboo charcoal naturally filters contaminents such as chlorine and chloramines, providing great tasting water. It also adds beneficial minerals such as calcium. These bamboo charcoal water filters from EcoLiving come in a pack of 8 pieces, packaged inside a reusable, natural cotton bag.
Simply place the charcoal into your water jug, glass or bottle, and allow to filter for 1-8 hours depending on the volume of water. Each piece of charcoal lasts for approximately 2 months of use.
After 2 months, the charcoal can be used around the home to help remove smells from the bathroom or fridge, or for absorbing moisture from damp areas. The charcoal can be be composted at the end of its life.
1. For one litre of water, use 3-4 pieces of charcoal. For 2 litres, use 6-8 pieces.
2. Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after approx 2 months.